The vision for talent acquisition at VCU is to provide integrated talent solutions by addressing a variety of HR processes to attract, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain high-performing employees. We will do this utilizing internal talent, supporting candidates, and guiding employees from hire throughout their career at VCU. This team has implemented a talent strategy service that solidifies VCU as a top-choice employer for job candidates in any field. With a strong focus on DEI, the team works to provide sustainable talent strategies, recruit top candidates, and retain employees at the university.
VCU Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent using a fair and comprehensive search process designed to select the most diverse, inclusive and well-suited candidate. The selected individual will join the university community in supporting VCU's mission and values.
Note: Some pages in this section require authentication with a valid VCU eID and password. To access your VCU eID and password, visit go.vcu.edu/myeID.
- Executive director of communications VCUarts
- Senior associate dean for VCUarts
- Director of Finance-CHS
- Conduct in-depth meetings with key stakeholders to expand our understanding of the position and the qualities of the ideal candidate to ensure the best long-term fit.
- Assist in the development of a position description, advertisement, and prospectus/ leadership profile
- Facilitate mapping out the full search search process and an overall timeline
- Help to identify and invite search committee
- Plan for and support search chair in preparing for and leading all search committee meetings
- Provide clear and organized search materials (position description, timeline, confidentiality statement, etc.) to the search chair and committee
- Convey expectations for the search, including roles and responsibilities, confidentiality, etc.
- Serve as the primary interface for prospective and active applicants
- Source candidates: Research positions; build pools; contact sourced candidates and referrals
- Conduct pre-screening interviews with candidates meeting minimum qualifications
- After conducting an initial screening, help lead the committee in determining which applicants advance
- Provide search committee with detailed information on qualified candidates
- Screening interviews: Lead the development of interview questions and evaluation tools; Schedule and lead interviews
- On-campus interviews: Work with search chair and hiring authority to identify stakeholders that candidates need to meet during on-site interviews, create presentation topics, etc. Create itineraries and assist with such logistics as VCU room arrangements; hotels; air; candidate escort, etc.
- Provide all stakeholders involved in search with a feedback form, provide hiring manager with results
- Notify non-selected candidates
- Help facilitate communication to announce the hire