Moving and relocation assistance
VCU's relocation program provides quality services to current and prospective university employees through two local real estate firms: Joyner Fine Properties and Long & Foster. In addition to such options as overview tours, drive-around rental assistance and lending services, faculty and staff also have access to financial incentives and moving services.
Joyner Fine Properties and Long & Foster are established real estate companies with years of experience in the Richmond region. Their relocation teams assess individual real estate needs and expectations, assist in maximizing the benefits of their preferred client status and serve as advocates throughout the details of real estate transactions. The teams monitor the progress of all interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
For additional information and to select the company that best meets your needs, please see their sites:
Need financial services? VCU faculty and staff are eligible to join the Virginia Credit Union and save. Take advantage of low-cost, convenient financial services and many free financial education resources. To join, visit vacu.org/join/vcu or call (804) 323-6800.
VCU is committed to providing assistance to dual career couples so that both partners can make a successful transition. The individual’s job search efforts are essential to the program’s success. If you have questions about dual career services, please call the HR Welcome Center at 804-828-0177.
Who is eligible for assistance?
- A spouse or partner of an employee who is being recruited or has been recently hired by VCU
What services are offered?
- A general overview of employment at VCU and the surrounding region
- Job search assistance
- Support and encouragement during the job search
How does the program work?
- The hiring department’s personnel administrator, or other administrator, contacts HR to make the referral and provides basic information about the status of the search or appointment
- An initial consultation with the spouse or partner provides background on employment interest and needs
- A range of services is tailored to individual needs
- The HR program coordinator assists in identifying local/regional employment opportunities and networking contacts