To complete Banner training online via Blackboard, please follow these steps:
- Visit http://blackboard.vcu.edu.
- Click on the “Courses and Organizations” tab in the top row.
- Search "Banner" in the course search box.
- Click the double arrows next to the desired course ID; click the “Enroll” button and follow the prompts to complete the course and required quiz.
To request HR systems access (including Banner):
1. Find eID and password
You will need your eID and password to log in. The VCU eID is VCU’s single university-wide identifier. Currently, it is used for logging in to Mail Anywhere, Blackboard, the myVCU Portal and other applications. You can find your eID using the VCU eID Finder.
2. Complete required training
You must have the required training for the type of access you need to perform your job duties, as indicated below:
- Consult with your supervisor or personnel administrator to determine the HR role that is required for your job responsibilities and select, with his/her approval, the corresponding training.
- Complete the required training and quizzes, as applicable, online at http://blackboard.vcu.edu or in classroom training.
3. Submit request
Once you have your eID and have completed the required training, ask your supervisor or personnel administrator to visit the link below and follow these instructions to complete your access request.
- Go to servicedesk.vcu.edu.
- Sign into the system with your eID and password.
- Select "Application/System."
- Select "Banner" and then click "Change Banner HR Security/Role."
- Check "This request is being made on behalf of another person."
- Enter the user’s eID under "Requested For:" The eID, email address, address and phone number should be completed automatically.
- Select a category from "This user is:"
- Enter a brief description of the request under "Request Description:"
- Complete the required fields under "Additional Customer Information" with your contact information.
- Click "Save" and then click "Add Supplemental Information" on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From the "Access Level" drop-down list, choose "Departmental ORG List" unless you are requesting university-wide access. Enter the ORGs in the "Access Orgs List" field. If you are requesting university-wide access, provide justification.
- Choose the correct role(s) from the "Staff Access Level" list and/or "Other Departmental Staff Access Levels."
- Click "Save and close."
Please note: Users will be required to sign a confidentiality and compliance statement. Your Banner password and access are for your use only and cannot be shared with others. For additional questions, please email email@example.com.