Virginia Commonwealth University has contracted with a third party partner to provide automated employment and income verifications through the service The Work Number. Please see the instructions below accessible to both verifiers and employees.
To verify employment for all full-time faculty, staff and part-time employees, including adjunct faculty, hourly and student workers, visit theworknumber.com. The verifier will need to supply the company code and the employee's social security number.
- For VCU, use employer code 19114.
- Verifications of employment can also be completed via phone by calling The Work Number at (800) 367-5690. Registration is required to proceed in both cases.
To request a verification of employment or a verification of income for oneself, visit go.vcu.edu/employmentverification. This link will allow the employee to login to The Work Number (TWN) via their VCU single sign-on ID through the Central Authentication Service.
- From the home screen, employees can either:
- Prove Employment to Verifiers
- Prove Income to Verifiers
VCU Health System employees
To verify employment for health system employees, please contact the VCU health system human resources office:
VCU Health System
Human Resources Office
701 East Franklin Street, Ninth Floor
Campus Box 980066
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0066
Phone: (804) 628-0918 or (804) 827-2373
TWN employer code: 18003