Learning and development at VCU
The Learning, Development and Organizational Culture (LDOC) department offers a variety of training, professional and career development opportunities to VCU employees. The unit supports the mission, values and strategic goals of the university by:
- Overseeing new employee and new manager orientation.
- Designing and delivering in-person and virtual training, learning programs, and professional development courses.
- Partnering with departments and units across VCU to achieve a variety of leadership, management and team skill, competency and performance-related goals.
- Overseeing the learning management system (LMS), part of the Talent@VCU platform.
- Assists units with group and organizational development.
- Collaborates closely with other HR departments, including Employee Relations, in the pursuit of employee success and development.