As an employment benefit, leave provides a means for faculty and staff to take approved time off from work for various reasons. Leave packages may vary slightly depending upon employee classification. For detailed information about leave benefits, select your employee type below or contact the VCU Human Resources Leave Administration office. Note: Please contact your HR Professional for leave forms.
Updated: Jan. 21, 2022
- University and Academic Professionals (UAPs) and 12-month Faculty will be able to carry over up to four weeks (160 hours) of leave above the allowable maximum on January 10, 2022.
- Any leave hours above the maximum carry over for the specific employee category plus the extra 160 hours will be subject to carry over limits on Jan. 9, 2022.
- The additional 160 hours carried over are not payable to employees upon separation from the university. Leave payouts for UAPs are limited to the maximum amounts contained in the Working @VCU Great Place policies.
- The hours carried over will expire on Jan. 10, 2024. Note: This means that employees will have two years, until 2024, to use the leave hours carried over.
- Classified staff should refer to the update on the classified staff leave page.
- To use excess leave, employees should select "Code 15 - Excess Leave Carry Forward" in RealTime.