Individual retirement counseling
Periodically, VCU Human Resources invites the following vendors on campus to review their investment products and provide individual retirement counseling sessions:
- VCU Optional Retirement Plan (ORP): TIAA; Fidelity Investments
- VCU Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) and Roth 403(b) Programs: TIAA; Fidelity Investments
- VCU Cash Match Plan (Cash Match): TIAA and Fidelity Investments (TDA participants); MissionSquare Retirement (DCP participants)
- Virginia Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP/457b) and VRS Hybrid: MissionSquare Retirement
View dates of availability or schedule an appointment online with Fidelity or call 800-642-7131.
These seminars can help you stay in strong financial shape, and the tools and resources provided can help you reach and maintain your financial fitness goals.
VCU Human Resources offers financial fitness seminars that offer important savings and investment information. See additional financial resources at RamStrong.
Virginia Retirement System seminars
Attending Virginia Retirement System (VRS) seminars offsite is considered work time for state employees, provided they attend no more than one offsite seminar every two years. Prior supervisory approval is required to attend. Visit the Virginia Retirement System website for VRS webinars and seminars, including dates and times, and how to register, if necessary. Course details and registration information are available on a variety of educational mediums. You can even sort topics based on your current educational needs.
Some sample topics can include the following:
- VRS overview
- Ready to retire
- Health insurance credit
- Purchase of prior service
DCP (457b) seminars from the VRS
Effective January 1, 2014, the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) changed the record keeper for this plan to MissionSquare Retirement.