December 10 through December 24 pay period for the December 31, 2018 payday:
Wednesday, December 19 - time files close at 10 a.m. Hours worked past cut off date will reflect in the next payroll (e.g.) December 18-24 will be paid on the following payroll. This only applies to hourly/wages employees.
December 25 through January 9 pay period for the January 16, 2019 payday:
Wednesday, December 17, 10 a.m. - deadline for submitting PAFs
Monday, January 10 - time files close at 10 a.m.
As a reminder, no additional leave is required to cover time away from work during the 2018 winter break. The Banner system will automatically record and show holiday leave taken during the winter closing. If an employee is approved to work during the closing and does so, the timekeeper will need to key the appropriate number of holiday leave accrued (HLA) hours worked each day, as applicable. Hourly employees who work December 19 through December 24 will be paid on the pay period ending January 9, 2019. There is no need to submit pay adjustments for this time period, as these hours will automatically export for pay in the pay period ending January 9.
Hours worked past cut off date will reflect in the next payroll (e.g.) December 18-24 will be paid on the following payroll. This only applies to hourly/wages employees.
Campus Box 842511
- 2019 Payday and Holiday Calendar
- 2018 Payday and Holiday Calendar
- 2019 Timekeeping and payroll processing schedule
- 2018 Timekeeping and payroll processing schedule
- 2017 Timekeeping and payroll processing schedule
Changes to Federal Income Tax Withholding will be reflected beginning with February 16, 2018 paychecks. Employees with specific questions related to personal tax liability should seek advice from tax professionals. Additional information is available from the IRS, including a withholding calculator. VCU’s payroll system has been updated to reflect the following changes:
- The flat tax rate on supplemental wages up to $1 Million has been changed from 25% to 22%.
- The annual amount to add to a nonresident alien’s taxable wages prior to calculating withholding has been increased from $2,300 to $7,850.
- The withholding allowance per exemption has been increased from $4,050 to $4,150 (annually).
- The Single (including Head of Household) and Married tax tables have changed.
Tax changes and moving expenses
Please note that due to the recent tax changes (see Tax Cuts and Jobs Act) moving and relocation expenses paid by VCU on behalf of an employee must be reported as part of the employee's gross income. These expenses are subject to tax withholding.
Direct deposit is a condition of employment for all university employees paid by VCU Payroll Services, as mandated by the Virginia Department of Accounts (which will assess fines for paper checks). Direct deposit promotes automation and streamlining efficiencies by offering employees faster access to their pay and the additional security, convenience and flexibility of electronic banking. If you do not currently have an account at a financial institution, you must obtain one in order to meet this condition of employment. Otherwise, there will be a delay in receiving your paycheck.
- Fill out the Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Return it to VCU Payroll (hand-deliver to 104 N. Belvidere, scan and email, fax, or send to P.O. Box via interoffice mail)
Log into the myVCU portal and click "eServices/VCU Self Service" for information about your pay including payment method, gross pay, net pay, and deduction information. Direct deposit should become effective the next available pay period after VCU Payroll receives your completed authorization form.
For fast, safe and easy access to your W-2 statement online, you must give your eConsent (you only need to give this once, not every year). Employees who do not give their eConsent will be mailed a paper copy of their W-2 statement by the end of January (to comply with federal law). You can give your eConsent at any time -- even after your paper W-2 statement has been mailed.
- Log on to the myVCU Portal and click on “eServices/VCU Self Service.”
Forgot your VCU eID or password? Contact the VCU Technology Services helpIT Center at (804) 828-2227, email helpIT@vcu.edu or access online support.
Watch this video for help with signing up.
- Click the “Employee” tab; then click on “Tax Forms, Electronic W-2 Earnings Statement” and select the year.
Got questions about your W-2? Contact VCU Payroll Services at (804) 828-0740 or email@example.com.
For those who do not give their eConsent, paper copies of the W-2 statement will be mailed no later than the last day of January (to comply with federal law) to the home address listed in the Banner system. For more information about tax forms, see the explanation of W-2 box amounts.