OPEN ENROLLMENT 2018
HEALTH COVERAGE AND FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
MAY 1 – MAY 15, 2018
Open enrollment for 2018-2019 Commonwealth of Virginia employee health coverage and flexible spending accounts takes place from May 1, 2018 – May 15, 2018. VCU will begin accepting open enrollment elections on May 1, 2018. Elections submitted earlier than that date are not honored.
All open enrollment elections must be received by VCU Human Resources no later than the close of business (5:00 p.m. EST) on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Elections take effect on July 1, 2018 for the plan year that runs from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
The following employees are eligible for Commonwealth of Virginia health coverage and flexible spending accounts:
- Part-time and full-time salaried University and Academic Professionals
- Part-time and full-time salaried regular faculty members
- Part-time and full-time salaried classified staff
Open enrollment election forms can be mailed, faxed, emailed, sent through campus mail or hand-delivered.
Mail or hand-delivery
VCU Human Resources
Campus Box 842511
600 W. Franklin Street Richmond, VA 23284- 2511
VCU Human Resources Campus Box 842511
*Avoid using external email for items that include Social Security numbers. Email within the VCU network is encrypted.
An electronic DocuSign version of the enrollment form is now available. See "Election Form and Instructions" expansion below or visit go.vcu.edu/oeform.
If you have questions after reviewing the resources below, contact VCU Human Resources at (804) 828-0177, visit the Human Resources Welcome Center, or email email@example.com.
Open Enrollment videos
For eligble employees who wish to learn about this year's open enrollment information in person, VCU Human Resources will hold several information sessions. You can register to attend one of the optional VCU information sessions below:
- Thursday, May 3, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., McGuire Hall Annex, 1112 E. Clay St., Room B20 (MCV Campus). Register for this session at https://training.vcu.edu/course_detail.asp?ID=16647.
- Friday, May 4, 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., HR training facility, 922 W. Grace Street, Room 115 (Monroe Park Campus). Register for this session at https://training.vcu.edu/course_detail.asp?ID=16649.
- Tuesday, May 8, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., HR training facility, 922 W. Grace Street, Room 115 (Monroe Park Campus). Register for this session at https://training.vcu.edu/course_detail.asp?ID=16650.
- Monday, May 14, 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., McGuire Hall Annex, 1112 E. Clay St., Room B20 (MCV Campus). Register for this session at https://training.vcu.edu/course_detail.asp?ID=16648.
Premium rewards for the current plan year end in June. To earn a premium reward for the next plan year (July 2018-June 2019), employees must complete or update a health assessment in the Active Health portal. Employees who participate in a COVA Care or COVA HealthAware health plan can earn a $17 per month ($8.50 per paycheck) discount on health plan premiums beginning in July if their health assessment is completed by May 15th. Spouses enrolled on a plan can earn an additional $17 monthly discount by completing the assessment, making the total monthly discount $34 ($17 per paycheck). The single COVA HealthAware premium for basic coverage is $17 per month, making this health plan free for employees who earn the premium reward.
For full instructions on how to complete the health assessment, see: https://hr.vcu.edu/media/hr/documents/2018-2019-premium-rewards-requirements-final.pdf
For COVA Care participants, your Employee ID for Active Health is 00+ the seven numbers in your COVA Care Member ID. For COVA HealthAware participants, your Employee ID for Active Health is your Member ID starting with 00. If your enrolled spouse is completing the assessment, a separate Active Health account must be set up by your spouse using your Active Health Employee ID number.
If you and/or your enrolled spouse do not complete the health assessment by May 15, it can still be completed later but the premium reward(s) will also start later in the plan year. Completing the health assessment is voluntary. If you decide not to participate, you will pay the regular premium for your plan with no discount.